You can’t really ask your co-workers. Most employers don’t encourage you to share your salary information with one another at the office. Plus, you might be the only one in your office that does the job that you do there. I’ve been in that situation before. Even if you could ask a co-worker about their salary, there is no one else there that has a comparable position.
What can you do?
Well, WageSpot is an app that collects real peoples salary information and job titles, anonymously. The idea is that WageSpot has a wealth of comparable data for you to review.
You can find out what someone in a position like yours makes across town or in another city altogether.
The goal of WageSpot is to:
- Bring transparency to the topic of compensation
- Construct a fair labor market
- Eliminate discrimination in job markets
- Help users know their true worth by sharing salary information
- Help users understand a field of practice before entering job search
WageSpot is one of the quickest and easiest ways to get real, competitive salary information.
You can help support WageSpot by checking out their Kickstarter campaign.
Posted by Nick Venturella